DUMPBIN
Jim Richards
2005-12-21 13:02:33 UTC
When I issue the command: "DUMPBIN /HEADERS cards.dll" I get error message:
DUMPBIN: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "cards.dll". How do I
fix this please? Thanks in advance. Jim Richards
William DePalo [MVP VC++]
2005-12-21 13:20:00 UTC
Post by Jim Richards
When I issue the command: "DUMPBIN /HEADERS cards.dll" I get error
message: DUMPBIN: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "cards.dll".
How do I fix this please?
I just tried this on my copy of the file in the system32 directory and the
utility worked fine.

Is there any chance that you are trying to dump the 16 bit version of the
file with a 32 bit utility?

Regards,
Will
Scherbina Vladimir