EH_UNWINDING without non-unwinding call first?
Arno Schoedl
2010-08-13 11:00:06 UTC
Hello,

I am seeing that an SEH exception handler is called with EH_UNWINDING,
although it has not been called before at all. I do not understand
this situation. I thought first the exception handler is found that
handles an exception by doing a non-EH_UNWINDING call and then all
handlers up to that one are called again with EH_UNWINDING. Am I
missing something?

Thanks,

Arno
Arno Schoedl
2010-08-18 11:08:09 UTC
Post by Arno Schoedl
I am seeing that an SEH exception handler is called with EH_UNWINDING,
although it has not been called before at all. I do not understand
this situation. I thought first the exception handler is found that
handles an exception by doing a non-EH_UNWINDING call and then all
handlers up to that one are called again with EH_UNWINDING. Am I
missing something?
It was my mistake. There is no evidence that what I described is ever
happening.
RB
2010-08-28 16:19:35 UTC
Post by Arno Schoedl
Post by Arno Schoedl
I am seeing that an SEH exception handler is called with EH_UNWINDING,
although it has not been called before at all. I do not understand
this situation. I thought first the exception handler is found that
handles an exception by doing a non-EH_UNWINDING call and then all
handlers up to that one are called again with EH_UNWINDING. Am I
missing something?
It was my mistake. There is no evidence that what I described is ever
happening.
You have the concept correct. Where you possibly looking in the
filter function OR where you actually looking the _except_handler3 (or 4)
with a kernel mode debugger ?