Windows API for PowerPoint Presentation Mode?
Juergen Geiss
2010-05-18 09:12:01 UTC
Is there any chance to find out if a PowerPoint presentation is running in
presentation mode?

I am writing some tools (using native C/C++ and Windows SDK) and they must
stop working to disturb the user if he/she is in a PowerPoint presentation.

Thanx in advance
Juergen
Germany
David Lowndes
2010-05-18 10:18:12 UTC
Post by Juergen Geiss
Is there any chance to find out if a PowerPoint presentation is running in
presentation mode?
Possibly - by using the Powerpoint object model, however...
Post by Juergen Geiss
I am writing some tools (using native C/C++ and Windows SDK) and they must
stop working to disturb the user if he/she is in a PowerPoint presentation.
I suspect you don't want your solution to be limited to just PP -
similar situations will arise with other full-screen applications.

If you search for something like "detect full screen" you'll find
several techniques which may be what you're looking for.

Dave