Display ON/OFF
aparna
2010-05-18 09:17:28 UTC
Hi,

I need API to find out if Laptop's(xp) display is ON or OFF or Is
there any notification for the same.

Thanks
Aparna
Tim Roberts
2010-05-19 05:42:59 UTC
Post by aparna
I need API to find out if Laptop's(xp) display is ON or OFF or Is
there any notification for the same.
No, because that phrase can mean many different things. Do you mean the
backlight? Do you mean the black screensaver? Do you mean standby or
suspend? Some of those things can be detected, some cannot.
--
Tim Roberts, ***@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
aparna
I want the state if monitor is ON/OFF.
Tim Roberts
2010-05-21 05:05:59 UTC
Post by aparna
Post by aparna
I need API to find out if Laptop's(xp) display is ON or OFF or Is
there any notification for the same.
No, because that phrase can mean many different things.  Do you mean the
backlight?  Do you mean the black screensaver?  Do you mean standby or
suspend?  Some of those things can be detected, some cannot.
I want the state if monitor is ON/OFF.
You must not have read what I said. Your question doesn't mean anything.
Laptops don't have monitors. You need to figure out EXACTLY what you want
to know.
aparna
2010-05-21 11:07:35 UTC
Post by aparna
Post by aparna
I need API to find out if Laptop's(xp) display is ON or OFF or Is
there any notification for the same.
No, because that phrase can mean many different things.  Do you mean the
backlight?  Do you mean the black screensaver?  Do you mean standby or
suspend?  Some of those things can be detected, some cannot.
I want the state if monitor is ON/OFF.
You must not have read what I said.  Your question doesn't mean anything.
Laptops don't have monitors.  You need to figure out EXACTLY what you want
to know.
--
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Let me explain ...
Right click->properties->screen saver tab->Power Button
Power Schemes for laptops...
There is one option..turn off monitor after given time.

I want to capture that event..and want to know API call which will
give me value if display is ON/OFF.
Tim Roberts

aparna
2010-05-24 10:35:41 UTC
Post by Tim Roberts
Post by aparna
Let me explain ...
Right click->properties->screen saver tab->Power Button
Power Schemes for laptops...
There is one option..turn off monitor after given time.
I want to capture that event..and want to know API call which will
give me value if display is ON/OFF.
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Thank you for the reply but
RegisterPowerSettingNotification is supported only on vista,I want for
WinXp.

Thanks
Aparna