Reset USB Port from .net
Fernando Berretta
2010-07-27 18:52:10 UTC
Hi,

It is possible to reset a USB port from .NET ? How can I do that ?

Best Regards,
Fernando
Tim Roberts
2010-07-29 05:00:08 UTC
Post by Fernando Berretta
It is possible to reset a USB port from .NET ? How can I do that ?
No. What, exactly, do you mean by "reset"? That means different things to
different people.

A driver can submit a request to "cycle" the port, which is similar to an
unplug/replug, but the request has to come from the driver. If you have a
custom driver, you could offer an ioctl to perform that function.
--
Tim Roberts, ***@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Fernando
2010-07-29 18:25:03 UTC
Tim,

Thanks for your prompt response.

The idea is to reset the port (meaning unplug/replug) but.. the 3rd
party driver seems to be the problem because I have to do that so.. is
there some way to reset the port from WMI o some other windows API ?

Best Regards,
Fernando