sub-auth dll (Msv1_0SubAuthenticationFilter) wrt 32/64 bit 2003 se
Anil Goel
2010-05-22 07:43:01 UTC
Hi,

We have implemented a dll (ipolicy_subauth.dll). This DLL implements and
exports the function – “Msv1_0SubAuthenticationFilter”.

The registery setting has been done at –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Auth0 and
the value is set to location of this DLL.

On Winodws 2003 server SP2 (32 bit edition), this is working fine perfectly.
Whenever a user logs on the PDC, this function receives the user login
information and I can process it. Whenever the system re-boots this DLL
becomes in use and I cannot delete it.

When I have installed the same DLL on Windows 2003 Server R2 SP2 (64 bit
edition) or Windows 2008 server (64 bit edition). This is not working. The
same registery settings have been done. Looks like this DLL is not getting
loaded in the system. I can delete it. Whenever user log on the PDC no
information is getting received in this sub-authentication package.

Has anyone seen this kind of problem, the question I would like to have
answers are –
1. Is there something specific to 64 bit that needs to be done.
2. How to make DLL loaded by the system – is there some more registry
settings that need to be done.
3. Can a 32 bit application DLL that has been set as sub authentication
package, can be used in a 64 bit environment. Other 32 bit applications that
I I have are working fine on these 64 bit servers.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as it has been a customer
issue who has upgraded from 32 bit platform to 64 bit platform. Kind of
critical.

Regards,
Anil Goel
2010-05-22 20:25:58 UTC
I don't know anything about sub-authentication DLLs, but I suspect that your
problem is related to either:
1) registry reflection
2) trying to load a 32 bit DLL into a 64 bit process (or vice versa)
Anil Goel
siddharth-gupta
2010-07-24 12:28:56 UTC
Anil Goel wrote on 05/22/2010 03:43 ET
Post by Anil Goel
Hi
We have implemented a dll (ipolicy_subauth.dll). This DLL implements an
exports the function – “Msv1_0SubAuthenticationFilter”
The registery setting has been done at &ndash
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsaKerberosAuth0 an
the value is set to location of this DLL
On Winodws 2003 server SP2 (32 bit edition), this is working fine perfectly
Whenever a user logs on the PDC, this function receives the user logi
information and I can process it. Whenever the system re-boots this DL
becomes in use and I cannot delete it
When I have installed the same DLL on Windows 2003 Server R2 SP2 (64 bi
edition) or Windows 2008 server (64 bit edition). This is not working. Th
same registery settings have been done. Looks like this DLL is not gettin
loaded in the system. I can delete it. Whenever user log on the PDC n
information is getting received in this sub-authentication package
Has anyone seen this kind of problem, the question I would like to hav
answers are &ndash
1. Is there something specific to 64 bit that needs to be done
2. How to make DLL loaded by the system – is there some more registr
settings that need to be done
3. Can a 32 bit application DLL that has been set as sub authenticatio
package, can be used in a 64 bit environment. Other 32 bit applications tha
I I have are working fine on these 64 bit servers
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as it has been a custome
issue who has upgraded from 32 bit platform to 64 bit platform. Kind o
critical
Regards
Anil Goe
Hi Anil
I am also trying to wirte a sub authenitction module, but i am not able to d
successfully

I have installed the module information in the registry file, but i think th
control is not getting transferred into the module

Can you please share the complete structure of the module that you had create
and compiling directions

Its a little urgent

Thanks
Sid